Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To GL, or not to GL...

In the back of the room sits my interactive white board.  It's pretty. It's clean.  It's put together.

And it's dusty. 

I confess, I have not used it once this year.

I'm scared by it...
And overwhelmed...

And this year has been a whirlwind of initiatives for my instruction, few (if any) of which were defined by me.  It's hard to be effective when so much is being demanded.  And GL felt like one more thing to do.

But back to that whiteboard.  I really want to use it next year.  To try something new.  My GL friend and I have been kicking around ideas:  warm-ups, small group instruction, whole group paper revisions and editing.  I don't care how, just so long as I use it.

I assume this is part of the being a teacher.  Making mistakes, freaking out, and then changing to find something that works.  It should be no different with technology... 

No comments:

Post a Comment